Senior Greenhouse Project Manager
This person will report directly to the General Manager. This individual will be assisting the General Manager in supervising greenhouse project managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in supervising greenhouse project managers. Be the “ leader” for the Greenhouse Project Managers and assist management in directing the work activities as necessary. Position yourself as the “go to person” for this role.
- Act in a manner reflective of the Company culture of high moral standards, innovation and continuous evolution, trust in teams and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for knowing each direct report job responsibilities to be able to give clear direction to employees relating to job function.
- Manage every greenhouse project and delegate projects to project managers.
- Monitor department projects’ progress and performance by conducting one on one meetings with project managers.
- Manage greenhouse project manager’s workloads.
- Manage own projects (higher scale projects, rush projects).
- Collaborate with colleagues to complete larger projects successfully.
- Bring projects to a close on schedule and under budget.
- Assist in conducting interviews and training new employees as directed by management.
- Assist sales with greenhouse construction related questions through bid process.
- Assist design or engineers with questions from the team in regards to projects.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere of cooperation, productivity, team spirit and be a champion of the strategic plan bonus program.
- Follow all safety protocols and policies. Demonstrate commitment to safety first; communicate safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative quality of work.
- Understand and practice company values. Demonstrative ethical behavior and be a role model for the company.
- Assist management in giving feedback for performance reviews.
- At times travel to job sites work or assist new subcontractors/.
- At times travel to job sites for preconstruction meetings.
- At times travel to job sites to supervise construction of greenhouses.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Sketchup or other related 3D rendering software
- Strong MS Office Skills and Internet web browers
- Bring project in under budget and on schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to listen well
- Detail oriented and results oriented
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be able to prioritize
- Must have a professional attitude
- Ability to analyze and solve potential problems
- Excellent proven negotiation skills
- Self motivated, innovative and ability to persuade or influence and lead others
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in workflow procedures
- Adhere to quality standards to maintain consistency in product delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS in Project Management, Engineering, Building Science or Construction or relevant field; or three to five years or project management related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may work in variable climates but primarily in an office setting. Must be able to walk on varied terrain, sit and stand for extended periods of time while maintaining project focus. The employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, sitting, some stooping, stretching, bending/crouching. Must be able to talk, hear, see and perform some repetitive motions. Must be able to lift or carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. Work is in a fast paced environment.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page