Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager will work with all departments to collect and analyze operational data to systemically identify causes of waste and inefficiency. Success will be achieved by developing and executing innovative and effective process improvements to eliminate the root cause and symptoms of the problem. Success will be demonstrated by continuous improvement of Key Performance Indicators and increased throughput through optimal utilization of machinery, personnel, and workspace.
This Individual will report to the Vice President of Operations and work with management to improve performance and build organizational capability. Individual will identify, create and implement processes and on-the-job experiences and education that will weave Continuous Improvement tools, and knowledge into the culture of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Utilize continuous improvement projects within the manufacturing and distribution departments to educate the organization on Continuous Improvement tools, processes and knowledge and elevate ESAPCO to a higher performing Continuous Improvement culture
- Lead the company’s efforts to measure and act on financial, operations and customer service statistics and metrics:
- Identify and eliminate waste and inefficiency to reduce costs and increase profitability
- Clearly understand customer value expectations and requirements to identify and eliminate problems and deliver higher customer satisfaction and profitable growth
- Identify and measure Key Performance Indicators for manufacturing and distribution departments and create process improvement projects to increase performance in each area
- Work closely with Design Engineering to achieve cost effective product designs
- Estimate staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions
- Effective facilitation and execution of Value Stream Mapping. Independently identify process gaps, make recommendations and implement process improvement. Coach process owners how to use engineering and Lean methods to achieve operational excellence
- Provide formal and informal training, coaching, mentoring to ESAPCO team members.
- Be a champion in our strategic plan bonus program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as cellular layouts, one-piece flow, statistics, value stream mapping, and Kanban.
- Demonstrated results and career advancement in operations or production
- Effective interpersonal skills, system and change implementation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic manufacturing performance metrics such as productivity, throughput, conversion cost, scrap and yield measurements
- A demonstrated ability for problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with capacity planning and the determination of human resource and capital equipment requirements
- Knowledge of industrial safety systems and regulations such as OSHA workplace regulations
- Must be able to lead the activities of other employees to achieve company goals
- Excellent organization, time management and resiliency skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective meetings, and seek clarity of critical information
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education, experience and training
- Project Planning and Project Management experience
- Training, experience and career advancement in a manufacturing environment preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, squatting.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Working knowledge of computer databases. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point and be proficient in these applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working environment is a typical office setting with low noise level. This individual may be required occasionally work in a warehouse or production environment where the noise level is moderate to loud. May have to work outside occasionally and be exposed to outside weather elements.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page