Inside Material Handler
The individual in this position reports to the Covers Supervisor and is responsible for the movement of products or materials in the ClearSpan building as determined by the Covers/Curtain Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the movement of products of materials in the ClearSpan building as determined by the Covers/Curtain Manager or Covers Supervisor.
- Responsible for loading the carousel.
- Responsible for keeping accurate inventory through the company computer inventory system and through reporting physical locations.
- Organizing and tracking inventory in the new building addition.
- Monitor inventory levels as directed.
- Responsible for loading and cutting rolls for curtain and covers, cutting and slitting fabric used in the manufacturing of products.
- Assist with organizing the materials on hand as directed by the Covers/Curtain Manager.
- Responsible for scrap materials as directed by Covers/Curtain Manager.
- Report maintenance issues on forklifts or combis to the Manager.
- Responsible for compliance of safety equipment on forklifts and completing any safety daily checklists on the forklifts.
- Perform general forklift maintenance as necessary.
- Report the need for any necessary repairs to the Manager.
- Adhere to all safety or OSHA rules, policies and procedures as it pertains to this position.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Must be forklift certified through company related training
- Ability to operator material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Skilled in material handling techniques
- Some computer experience required
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. One-year experience preferred with material handling equipment. Must have communication skills appropriate for the job and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page