The Subcontractor Coordinator will report to the VP of Operations. Will recruit contractors, create and maintain a database and promote ClearSpan product lines regarding our products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for recruiting contractors to pre-qualify for opportunities with ClearSpan Fabric Structures.
- Work with the VP of Operations to develop a database of potential installers and continually maintain the database.
- Must be able to promote ClearSpan product lines when calling subcontractors regarding our products and services.
- Be in constant communication and build a rapport with the subcontractors.
- Work with the construction crew group when they are trying to fill a subcontracting opportunity.
- Communicate with the VP of Operations to evaluate the job performance of the subcontractors.
- Some travel will be required to meet subcontractors on site and perform site inspections as needed.
- Review claims, failed inspections or other quality control issues with the VP of Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills required
- Possess strong computer skills in MS Office and learn quickly our E10 system
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes and principals
- Position will require some domestic travel
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management and other team members
- Works well under pressure and under constant change
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work load
- Works well independently or part of a group
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Outlook
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Construction, Engineering, Project Management or a related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- 2-5 years of experience in subcontracting coordination along with construction related experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents including business documents, manuals, operating instruction manuals and safety manuals.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Ability to learn quickly E10 and other company software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds. Must have close, distant, vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing, warehouse, construction environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in construction, production or warehouse areas.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page