Long-Term Sales Opportunity Specialist
Focuses on Contacting Customers related to Fabric Structure and Greenhouse System Sales Opportunities with long-term timelines (beyond 9 months). Manages Activities for these Long-Term Sales Leads and schedules follow-up appropriately.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Contacts customers and promotes ClearSpan Structures and GrownSpan Greenhouse for Sales Leads that will not be ready to proceed with Design or Material Commitment for at least the next 9-12 months. These leads will be referred from one of the following sources:
- ClearSpan Marketing and GrowSpan Marketing Channels & Initiatives;
- Internal Business Development Team;
- Inside Sales Team;
- External Lead Generation Firms
- Willingness to correspond with 30 - 50 Sales Prospects Daily when in the office and maintain Organizational Calendar to Manage Follow-up.
- Travel to customer sites and Industry Trade Shows (20 - 30% Travel expected).
- Ability to effectively communicate key benefits to Sales Prospects via phone, email, and during in-person meetings. (Training to be provided in Fabric Structure and Greenhouse Product Lines and Key Industries Served.)
- Prepare and Deliver Presentations to Long-Term Sales Prospects via Videoconference and in-person.
- Must work well in a collaborative Team Environment. Frequent lead transition to Short-Term Sales (closers) as customer Project Commitment approaches.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail or e-mail to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page