Machine Operator 1
A person in this position usually reports to an area Supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Machine Operator 1 individual is responsible for operating production machinery and producing quality parts for assembly or shipping.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Operate any of several types of automated and semi-automated machines that are used to produce parts and components.
- Program N/C Machines to produce parts and components according to drawing specifications.
- Read and understand blue prints and other shop drawings.
- Load and unload material and set up machines for standard and for special production runs.
- Monitor machine performance and take preventative and corrective actions as needed.
- Perform standard general and specific maintenance on production machinery as indicated by protocol.
- Use micrometers and calipers
- Understand and use basic shop math and general machine skills
- Verify settings by measuring positions and first article/sample pc.
- Conduct in process inspection of machined parts
- Monitor feeds and speeds of machines during the machining process.
- Promote ESAPCO and mentor new employees
- Clean and maintain area and floor space containing the machines.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general N/C machine protocols and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of safety requirements and regulations
- Ability to read drawings and schematics
- Ability to program N/C machines
- Ability to produce parts and components from drawings and specifications
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Skill in machine set up and operation
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics, one year experience in machine operation, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Continuous training in machine operation and in company production and safety policies and procedures.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page