Business Development Manager
Focuses on increasing company sales by developing business with new and existing customers. Primary activities include in-person visits to customers and prospects and outbound calling from the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and expands potential business development opportunities on sales calls. Builds new relationships with key industries receptive to our products.
- Attends Industry Trade Shows and schedules specific site visits to meet with customers and prospects. Existing customer visits to leverage opportunities for business development at current facilities and additional company facilities.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing Departments to support and advance Marketing Material Content. Works with marketing department to plan marketing and promotions, including advertising, review media and specials sales.
- Expected to reach out to existing customers and prospects when working from the office. Use house files and other resources to generate lists of contacts.
- Provides support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects.
- Truss verticals may include: Compost / Fertilizer; Equine; Grain / Feed; Athletic Facility; Aviation / Aerospace; Bulk Storage / Aggregates; Government/Municipal; Marine/Seaport; Military; Mining / Exploration; Oil / Gas; Recycling / Waste; Sand and Salt; Farming; Zoo / Aquarium.
- Greenhouse verticals may include: Aquaponic Grower; Cannabis Grower; Flower Grower; Hydroponic Grower; Nursery Grower; Research; Retail Garden Center; School K-12; College; Vegetable Grower.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, Word Processing software and ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail or e-mail to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page