Weekend Covers Operator
A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Covers Operator 1 is an entry level position and will be responsible for measuring, cutting and/or moving material for fabrication according to design drawings or work orders. This person will be responsible for quality control and getting the items ready for shipment to the customer in a timely fashion.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Set up all tools, appliances, machines, fixtures and materials needed to fabricate the assigned product.
- Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
- Measure, cut, and/or move materials into position for fabrication according to design drawings and work order instructions.
- Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors.
- Ability to learn the heat sealing process.
- Correct any errors or rework as necessary.
- Prepare finished product for next transfer or shipment.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
- Ability to read blueprints, work instructions and tape measure
- Ability to use tools safely and effectively
- Ability to handle production raw materials
- Skilled in using tools and equipment
- Skilled in following directions
- Skilled in problem solving
In addition to heavy lifting this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and follow instructions; ability to read blueprints, interpret drawings and ability to read a tape measure.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page