A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Production Worker is responsible for producing, fabricating, and/or assembling products and for setting up and maintaining an environment within which products may be produced.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Set up all tools, appliances, benches, sewing machine, tube benders, band saws, drills presses, jigs, fixtures and materials needed to assemble and/or fabricate the assigned product.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools and other machines such as drills, marvel band saws, cold saws, presses, tube bender machinery and other manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to load and unload work station with tooling and product.
- Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
- Measure, cut and/or move materials into position for fabrication or assembly according to design drawings and work order instructions.
- Fabricate and/or assemble product.
- Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors. If instructions call for an external inspector, notify inspector and wait for inspection.
- Correct any errors or rework as necessary.
- Prepare finished product for next assembly or for transfer to another location as indicated by instructions.
- Support and practice safe operation of equipment in adherence to ESAPCO safety procedures and regulations.
- Document work completed.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station.
- Perform daily maintenance of equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Trained to operate a sit-down forklift as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and instructions
- Ability to use power and hand tools safely and effectively
- Ability to safely operate machinery
- Ability to handle production raw materials and subassemblies safely
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Skill in using tools and equipment
- Skill in following instructions
- Skill in problem solving
In addition to heavy lifting this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and follow instructions; ability to read blueprints and to interpret drawings.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page