The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services & Products Company. Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of fabric structures and greenhouses.
We’re expanding our Purchasing staff and have an immediate opening for an entry level Procurement Analyst. We are looking for dedicated hard workers who are willing and able to contribute to the growth and success of ESAPCO.
The purpose of this position is that the Procurement Analyst will be responsible for planning, merchandising and managing multiple categories of merchandise and services to achieve/exceed the company’s planned sales and gross margin goals for those categories. A successful candidate must be a self starter with keen negotiations skills. The individual should understand electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems with some international buying experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine the best opportunities to maximize profit and customer value through developing and executing merchandising, advertising, and promotional plans for all assigned product categories.
- Negotiate purchase agreements and prices with vendors
- Manage vendor performance to support or exceed sales and margin goals
- Develop and maintain a supplier base capable of achieving our customers’ desired level of quality while meeting our Company’s value, quality, delivery, and flexibility requirements and ensure the integrity of such suppliers.
- Ideal candidates are flexible, positive, motivated and team oriented
- Willingness and ability to be cross-trained and grow our international buying strength
- Drive vendor/category/product results through merchandise management including product promotion, up sell & cross sell opportunities, online and print presentations, marketing and research.
- Research, design, develop and source new products and strategies using hands on development.
- Identify new product opportunities (advertising, promotion, brand, categories, items, etc.) that meet the Company’s merchandise strategies.
- Establish retail price for all product selections to optimize gross margin opportunities for each product classification and establishing vendor and product specific promotions. Prepare price point analyses and ensure that pricing is competitive and commensurate with brand strategy.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments: Data & Content for product updates, images, presentation & template needs
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity or service beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity or service, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity or service balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity or service is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity or obtain service in a cost-effective manner.
- Candidate must be driven, enthusiastic and have the desire to succeed!
- 4-year degree preferred
- Accurate, timely and effective purchasing skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with people from all levels within a corporation
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- International buying experience a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Internet and other computer systems, including MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing and product discounts.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail or e-mail to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page