The individual in this position reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for performing basic maintenance activities in the Iowa Facility. Maintenance is defined as an act of keeping, preserving or restoring facilities, equipment, machines, systems and other organizational assets to a state of operating efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct regular scheduled maintenance on systems, machines and equipment as assigned.
- Repair broken, damaged or malfunctioning machines, equipment and systems as directed.
- Calibrate all tools, equipment and machines as directed.
- Install new equipment, machines or systems and make modifications to facilities, equipment or
systems as directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and tools
- Assist outside maintenance contractors as directed.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations and policies or procedures.
- Complete all safety checklists in our safety compliance software called Site Docs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Computer experience
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress effectively
- Ability to make basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and schematics
- Ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical and electrical devices
- Skilled at using power and hand tools
- Ability to drive a forklift, scissor lift or combi lift and must be trained by the company
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a related field from a technical college or 4-year college preferred. At least 1-2 years of maintenance experience required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and safety and equipment manuals. Ability to write reports or correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management or team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, calculate percentages and work with fractions. Must know how to use a tape measure accurately.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety and OSHA regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and to louder in the warehouse and production areas. Office noise is lower for a typical office environment. Will be working outside and inside being exposed to dusty and dirty environments, hot or cold.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page