Manufacturing Process Control 1
The person in this position reports to the managers involved in production, and is responsible for the process of releasing work orders.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Work with E10, perform processes and implementation.
- The person in this position reports to the Expeditor and is responsible for releasing, modifying, and/or canceling work orders to the production floor.
- Obtain drawings and bills of material for all custom and new items issued to the production floor; create work orders for in-stock items to be included in the production order or shipped separately.
- Prepare labels for all items sent to the floor for production, and package all paperwork for issue.
- Follow up on all past-due items.
- Follow through on all expedited requests and monitor delayed shipping orders and ensure release to appropriate dates.
- Work directly with manufacturing clerical employees.
- Monitor cancelled orders and take appropriate action to pull cancelled orders from production and update records accordingly.
- Close work orders and update records when production is complete, and release orders for shipping.
- Review all new and revised building specification sheets, and update weight and packaging information as needed and upload into the database.
- Arrange for stock numbers to be assigned to custom buildings and create work orders as needed.
- Issue work orders for pipe and cable requirements.
- Close out shelters and other production items as needed.
- Train employees on processes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have two years of clerical on the job experience within the company. Must have working knowledge of the Epicor system
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures relative to production and to production systems
- Ability to read and understand complex reports
- Ability to input, update and extract information from computer systems
- Ability to research problems and apply resolutions
- Skilled at data entry and retrieval
- Must have MS Office experience
- Skilled at record keeping
- Must adhere to all safety guidelines, policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must have two years of clerical on the job experience within the company. Must have working knowledge of the Epicor system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page