Greenhouse Design Manager
The individual in this position will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for developing and designing our greenhouses. A strong applicant will bring a technical aptitude coupled with a desire for hands-on learning. In return this individual will be given challenging tasks with an opportunity to learn and expand their portfolio of technical and business skills. This individual in this position will work with many different departments and outside vendors to identify and develop designs of greenhouses to meet our customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will lead the efforts pertaining to developing and designing our greenhouses.
- Developing, owning and maintaining our greenhouse design basis criteria.
- Developing and maintaining greenhouse and production equipment specifications.
- Working with manufacturing department to develop and manufacture solutions that meet our company needs.
- Leading the continuous improvement program by working closely with operations and senior management.
- Support project management with construction issues or problems.
- Partner with cross-functional teams member and senior management to identify and pursue improvements meeting ROI’s.
- Seek out opportunities to help develop our business in this area.
- Be a champion of the strategic planning process to others.
- Domestic and international travel will be required around 20% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- 3D solid modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred) with proficiency in 3D modeling and 2D drawing
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities/projects
- Must have strong communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in teams or independently
- Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast paced environment
- Significant experience with Microsoft Word and Excel ( including data processing in Excel through formulas, functions and tables)
- Will need to have a valid driver’s license for the travel requirement
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree in engineering, technology, manufacturing or a related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing or warehouse areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in the production/warehouse areas.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page