Merchandiser - Distributed Goods
The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services & Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we've grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of fabric structures and greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites.
We are seeking a hard-working, team player to join our Marketing team. As a Merchandiser, you will be reporting to the Creative Marketing Director and responsible for the success of ESAPCO’s distributed goods product line. We’re looking for someone who is driven, can plan and develop merchandising strategies, and has the ability to analyze market trends and anticipate product needs across multiple categories of merchandise.
- Determine the best opportunities to maximize profit and customer value through developing and executing merchandising across multiple channels.
- Build relationships with and work with existing suppliers to fill gaps in product lines and bring on new opportunities.
- Analyze historical and industry data/trends to identify opportunities and anticipate consumer buying patterns. Present items to management to obtain approval for new products lines.
- Monitor market changes, competitor pricing and products.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure new products are launched ontime and flow through the system from inception through sale .
- Collaborate with product buyers to negotiate prices, quantities and lead times.
- Continual development of industry and brand knowledge.
- Some travel to regional and national tradeshows required.
- Prior experience of 1-2 years with distributed goods merchandising and/or buying
- 4 year degree preferred
- Must be driven, enthusiastic and have the desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication and ability to work cross functionally with many teams.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Salary to commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing and product discounts.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Fax - 860-289-9338
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page