Human Resource Assistant
The person in this position reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for providing administrative support of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department as well as perform special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Provide clerical assistance to the HR Manager and Benefits Administrator. This will include preparation of correspondence, arranging appointments, preparation of presentation material and maintenance of key documents as required.
- Maintain a very high level of integrity and trust to handle confidential and sensitive employee and company information.
- Assist the HR department with maintaining employee files, WC files, HIPAA files and I9s
- Assist HR Manager with safety related tasks as required.
- Provide assistance with the Site Doc Compliance safety site including data entry, running reports, maintaining compliance with all departments.
- Update employee information in various spreadsheets.
- Check payroll timekeeping records for CSG Managers and Construction Crews for accuracy of weekly payroll.
- Assist with completing employment verifications and wage requests as needed
- Provide Human Resources support to employees as it relates to timecards, benefits or policy related questions.
- Maintain the steel toed boot reimbursement and safety glasses reimbursement spreadsheets
- Maintain and update the OSHA 300, 300A and 301 forms for ESAPCO and ClearSpan Fabric Structures
- Coordinate, schedule and assist with conducting training programs to maintain and keep them up to date in relation to safety and other HR related trainings.
- Assist with creating and writing employment ads for various media avenues like newspapers, career fairs, job boards etc.
- Assist with ADP enrollments in the time clocks and ADP Workforce Now along with assisting employees with questions related to those sites.
- Create and distribute monthly reports as directed by management.
- Welcome new employees to the company by conducting new employee orientations as directed by management.
- Assist the HR department with planning of events and activities as needed.
- Schedules interviews with managers and supervisors and assist with interviewing as needed.
- Be a champion for the strategic plan process and assist with initiatives as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality as a member of the HR team
- Must be able to work flexible hours come in early or late as needed. May require occasional work on Saturdays
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to groups of guests, management or team members of the organization and must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents, professional journals, business periodicals, operations manuals and present numerical data in a resourceful manner and analyze data
- Abide by local and state laws regarding employment practices
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time wisely
- Must be organized, accurate and thorough in completing work assignments
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, accept direction from management and able to improve performance through management feedback
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is preferred or 1-2 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute basic calculations including percentages, ratios and draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to handle all different kinds of problems or issues with common sense.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point and be proficient in these applications.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety guidelines. Must be willing to learn OSHA regulations as it relates to our business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to operate various standard office equipment including computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet as found in a typical office setting, Noise level in the production and warehouse areas are moderate to loud in other buildings.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page