Sales & Service Associate
The person in this position reports to the Retail Store Manager, and is responsible for accepting, addressing, and resolving customer questions, issues, problems, and complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support manager with standards and guidelines for customer service to meet organizational objectives.
- Track orders and follow-up on sales, requests, and special orders.
- Coordinate customer inquiries, and resolve quality and scheduling issues.
- Advise customers of order fulfillment processes and limitations.
- Properly balance a cash drawer.
- Maintain an accurate count in regards to cash exchange.
- Investigate anomalies and abnormalities in sales, design, production, shipping, and service.
- Perform opening and closing job duties.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Will be required to take continuous training in corporate policies and procedures related to sales and marketing, sales and marketing systems, and design and production systems
Answer incoming phone calls, and determine the nature of the inquiry.
Respond to the inquiry by either
- A. relaying the information the customer wants, or
- B. referring the customer to a more appropriate source of information.
Acquire information from one or more of the following sources:
- a. E10 system
- b. ESAPCO catalogs and reference books
- c. Vendor catalogs and reference books
- d. A knowledgeable person within the company or the vendor
- e. An internet source
- f. An example of the product
Contact customer to update status of order as needed.
Assist Customer Service Representatives with product and customer information as needed.
Supervisory skills may be needed in the absence of the Retail Store Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of corporate systems used in sales and order processing
- Knowledge of sales and customer service techniques
- Ability to communicate with customers under all sorts of conditions
- Ability to use computer systems to solve problems
- Skill in communicating
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- Advanced knowledge of applications of company products and services
- Advanced knowledge of company policies and procedures relative to selling and servicing products
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to research problems and discover information
- Ability to use complex computer systems
- Skill in appeasing difficult or angry customers
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma and 1 year customer service experience is required.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The ability to read and write at a 12th grade level, a personality suited to sustained interaction with angry and emotional people, and three years of experience in customer service activities.
The person in this position needs continuous training in company policies and procedures, company computer systems, and tools and techniques used to facilitate customer service.
Basic math skill required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems and Payroll systems. Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Sales experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; limited sitting; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page