The person in this position reports to the manager in charge of the assigned area, and is responsible for supervising the activities of the crew in the assigned area.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in welding and cutting techniques, materials and equipment and fabrication requirements. Supervise and coordinate activities of all other areas including paint and prep, lasers, robotics and machine operation to ensure to best utilize labor, materials, exercise discipline at the work site and prevent unsafe work practices and idleness.
- Participate in the staffing process by interviewing applicants, annual evaluations, and reviewing new hires after 60 days.
- Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings and all other discipline related to project and engineering documentation.
- Maintain supplies such as welding materials, filters, gas, flux and fixtures.
- Manage operations in assigned area, and ensure adequate coverage for assigned tasks. Enforce all ESAPCO company policies.
- Set priorities using the reports specific to the assigned area.
- Prepare orders ahead of what is released as required.
- Propose improvements in assigned area. For all proposals that require expenses over $200, determine the nature of the problem, what is needed to solve the problem and how the proposed solution will produce benefits, where to get the equipment and the total cost including installation, advantages and disadvantages, and the cost savings.
- Suggest production or inventory control processes that will minimize or eliminate problems.
- Inspect work or confers with the Weld Inspectors to maintain specified standard and quality.
- Trains employees in operation of equipment.
- Must be an excellent communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to the workforce. Ensure optimum utilization of available work with the overall objective of successful completion of projects.
- Ensure that all plant and welding equipment, machines is maintained and current operable and calibrated condition.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and systems pertaining to safety, inventory control, and warehousing
- Knowledge of general inventory control standards and practices
- Knowledge of general principles of supervision and human resources management
- Ability to coordinate the work of others
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate standard material handling and production equipment
- Ability to train others in the use of material handling and production equipment
- Ability to create and maintain records
- Ability to use company inventory control systems
- Ability to use welders, lasers and other machines in the weld shop
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires variously continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Two to three years of appropriate related experience, forklift certification, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Continuous training in warehouse and safety procedures, and certification in the operation of heavy equipment as needed.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page