Weld Material Handler
The person in this position reports to the Weld Supervisor, and is responsible for dispatching material from one location to another, loading and unloading the carousel, and other tasks as assigned.
- Move material from storage locations to production stations for setup for one or another production operations. Ensure that all production stations have sufficient material for continuous operation
- Move completed items from the production line to storage locations
- Move items to the paint location, then touchup and paint
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists, and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Skill in material handling techniques
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and interpret instructions, one year experience with material handling equipment, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
Certification in forklift operation, and continuous training in company material control and safety policies and procedures
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail or e-mail to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page