IT Support Technician I
The individual in this position reports to the Technical Services Manager, and is responsible for company-wide IT support; computers, printers, systems, software applications, general network support, and special projects. This is an entry-level IT support position.
- Monitor, review and respond to level 1 technical support
- Update and maintain computer systems
- Support policies and procedures related to network hardware and software
- Computer imaging and decommissioning
- Accurately track computer and peripheral inventory
- Support for campus security cameras
- Troubleshooting VoIP phone system
- Printer maintenance and troubleshooting
- Working with vendor software support
- Network cabling installation and termination
- New Hire IT Orientation and training
- Escalate higher level IT tickets to appropriate personnel
- Individual projects and research assigned by management
- After hours support coverage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional keyboarding and phone skills
- Above average computer literacy
- Demonstrate willingness, desire and ability to learn new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact will with different departments and a wide variety of personality types
- Professional and competent approach to work environment
- Well-developed organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree from a college or university or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with IT ticketing system or Help Desk
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Effectively communicate with employees and exhibit good customer services skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point and be proficient in these applications. General knowledge of computer troubleshooting and hardware installation.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, and sit. They may also be required to do light lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, and climbing ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low and mostly working in an office environment but may need to work in the warehouse, manufacturing areas as needed to perform job responsibilities.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page