The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services & Products Company. Since 1979, we've grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of fabric structures and greenhouses.
We are expanding our Purchasing staff and have an immediate opening for a Buyer. We are looking for dedicated hard workers who are willing and able to contribute to the growth and success of ESAPCO.
The Buyer/Merchandiser will be responsible for planning, merchandising and managing multiple categories of merchandise to achieve/exceed the company's planned sales and gross margin goals for those categories. A successful candidate must be a self starter with a desire to develop negotiation skills. The individual should have some understanding of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems with some international buying experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine the best opportunities to maximize profit and customer value through developing and executing merchandising plans for all assigned product categories.
- Negotiate purchase agreements and prices with vendors.
- Ideal candidates are positive, motivated and team oriented.
- Willingness and ability to grow our international buying strength.
- Research, design, develop and source new products using hands on development.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments: Data & Content for product updates, images, presentation & template needs.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed. Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Candidate must be driven, enthusiastic and have the desire to succeed!
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Accurate, timely and effective purchasing skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people from all levels within a corporation.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- International buying experience a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of Internet and other computer systems, including MS Excel, Word, Outlook
Salary to commensurate with experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing and product discounts.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdept@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1395 John Fitch Blvd., South Windsor, CT 06074
E-Mail - HRDept@FarmTek.com
Fax - 860-289-9338
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page