Research & Development-Product Developer
The individual in this position will report directly to the R & D Manager and will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of products, machines, and manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize CAD software to design creative new concept components and assemblies.
- Develop theoretical models and physical prototypes to complete testing and validation.
- Identify design practices that improve quality and manufacturability of products.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of process and product quality.
- Maintain information on project cost and scope throughout development process.
- Support manufacturing groups through the development of tooling and manufacturing processes to ensure successful new product launch.
- Must work with many different departments and outside vendors to identify and develop solutions to a wide range of company and customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance including; mechanical interactions & wear, material properties, energy-based design, and dimensional analysis
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manager multiple activities/projects
- Ability to calculate, assign, and measure manufacturing part tolerances
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work effectively in teams alone
- Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must be accountable and flexible
- Ability to work with minimal direction and also be a team member
- Efficient communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing, or other related technical field is desired
- Related work experience
- 3-D solid modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred) with proficiency in design, drafting and dimensioning
- A working knowledge of modern manufacturing to identify ideal manufacturing processes and machines to minimize cost and labor. Key areas include metal cutting, machining, and welding.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques.
- Experience with process management of new products
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple priorities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel (data processing through formulas, functions, and tables), Outlook, and Power Point.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page