Cycle Counting Clerk
The person in this position reports to the Cost Accountant and is responsible for conducting cyclical counts of inventory items and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate reports from Epicore that specify cycle counting priorities by codes assigned to SKU’s.
- Proceed to the location(s) of the SKUs identified for counting and determine the number of items in stock.
- If the difference between the count and the record exceed two percent of the record, then recount.
- Post daily counts in the system and communicate inventory variance results.
- Conduct inventory counts and/or research inventory transactions as requested.
- Participate in physical inventories and assist with the preparation for external audits as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of company inventory control and associated administrative policies and procedures
- Knowledge of company inventory control and location systems
- Ability to keep and update records.
- Must be forklift certified through company related training
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computerized systems
- Computer experience required
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Skilled at interpersonal communication
- Skilled at problems solving and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow instructions
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. At least one year experience in a clerical position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page