The person in this position reports to the Warehouse Manager, and is responsible for managing activities in the cover and curtain departments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the work activities and evaluate the performance of employees assigned to cover and curtain fabrication.
2. Interpret and carry out company policy relative to production and supervision goals.
3. Assign work and allocate resources to accomplish company goals. Coordinate work with other company activities.
4. Analyze production problems and recommend or implement solutions.
5. Assess work order requirements to determine needs and priorities, and schedule production to meet sales commitments.
6. Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine production requirements. Establish work processes and methods needed to produce specified requirements.
7. Set up equipment and processes as needed. Recommend changes in equipment and working conditions to increase production efficiency.
8. Monitor quality of production output, and make adjustments as needed. Meet with vendors to discuss quality issues as needed.
9. Monitor fabric inventory and levels of production supplies, and requisition material as required.
10. Keep records of significant activities and events related to overall performance of personnel and equipment. Enforce safety regulations, and report safety problems.
11. Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations. Train new employees in all phases of cover and curtain fabrication.
12. Perform production work as needed, and any other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Ability to operate production equipment used in cover fabrication
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Skill in interpersonal communication
- Skill in planning and organizing activities
- Skill in resolving problems
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications
Persons performing this job must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and frequently stand, walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, crawl, reach with hands and arms, push and pull heavy objects, and maintain awkward positions for short periods of time. In addition, this job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions.
Ability to read and follow complex instructions, ability to perform arithmetic calculations, ability to use complex computer systems, plus three years of experience in fabrication.
The person in this position needs continuous training in corporate policies and procedures related to production and inventory control, human resources management, and safety.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
ESAPCO Bonus for Iowa positions
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page