The person in this position reports to a supervisor or to the lead person in a particular area of the warehouse, and is responsible for completing warehouse fulfillment or material handling tasks as assigned.
- Move material and/or goods from one location to another as indicated by pick ticket, or by other instructions
- Package material for shipment or for customer pickup as indicated by instructions
- Unpack material received for placement on the shelves, or for repackaging
- Perform minor assembly or disassembly tasks to prepare material goods for shipping or for customer use
- Measure, cut, and package material as needed for shipment
- Construct pallets, boxes, and other shipping containers
- Keep records and otherwise update paperwork or computerized systems to indicate material or order status
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of company administrative policies and procedures that pertain to material handling and safety requirements
- Knowledge of material handling and packaging methods
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Ability to use standard warehouse equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, banding devices, packaging devices, and carousels
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions, and to locate stock on shelves using company locating systems
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computerized systems
- Skill at using material handling equipment
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ninth grade reading ability, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Continuous training in warehouse and safety procedures, and certification in the operation of heavy equipment as needed.
How To Apply:
Note: These are PDF forms. We recommend that you save them to your computer's hard drive, fill out the forms, save and email to HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com.
Application For Employment Form
Disclosure Agreement Form
Background Check/Drug Testing Form
ESAPCO Bonus for Iowa positions
To apply, please download and fill out the corresponding forms.
Submit forms and a resume by mail, e-mail or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources FarmTek / Engineering Services & Products Co.
1440 Field of Dreams Way, Dyersville, IA 52040
E-Mail - HRdeptIOWA@farmtek.com
Fax - 563-875-2317
Engineering Services & Products Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers Page